What's this about?
The Australian Business Number (ABN) Lookup web services allow you to integrate ABN Lookup validation and data into your own applications. It is an easy way to add value to your business software by supporting your application users. It can reduce the time they spend verifying that their suppliers hold valid business and GST registrations. These verifications can be done instantly from within your software utilising ABN Lookup web services.
ABN Lookup web services allows for enhanced functionality and a convenient way to access essential business details. Its utilisation can also help provide increased accuracy in the recording and reporting of transactions.
Tell me more…
ABN Lookup web services provide certainty for your software users. This web service provides direct access to the Australian Business Register (ABR), the central repository for all business registrations in Australia, which was about 7.2 million at June 2015.
Incorporating ABN Lookup web services into your business applications allows you to leverage those 7.2 million registrations into valuable business information. By accessing this central repository of company information you can:
- prefill forms;
- validate both company and GST registrations;
- simplify user compliance; and
- add value to your software offerings.
Peace of mind
The Commissioner of Taxation wants to provide certainty to businesses using ABN Lookup web services and has issued the following disclaimer concerning reliance on the information:
- If you primarily rely on information about another entity in ABN lookup to self-assess your taxation liabilities or entitlements, and that information turns out to be incorrect:
- The Commissioner will not take compliance action to recover any tax shortfall
- You will also be protected against any false or misleading statement penalty and any interest charges.
ABN Lookup web services is available now
Integrating ABN Lookup web services into your products is easy:
- the ABR already has the needed Application Programming Interface (API) available; and
- the programming guidance you need is published on the ABN Lookup website at web services.
Last updated: 27 Apr 2016
Page ID: 42445