ABN Lookup web services let you integrate ABN Lookup validation and data into your applications.
ABN Lookup web services provide direct access to the Australian Business Register (ABR), the central repository for all business registrations in Australia. By accessing this repository you can:
- prefill forms
- validate both company and GST registrations
- simplify user compliance.
The Commissioner of Taxation wants to provide certainty to businesses using ABN Lookup web services, and issued the following disclaimer concerning reliance on the information:
- If you primarily rely on information about another entity in ABN Lookup to self-assess your taxation liabilities or entitlements, and that information turns out to be incorrect:
- The Commissioner will not take compliance action to recover any tax shortfall
- You will also be protected against any false or misleading statement penalty and any interest charges.
The required Application Programming Interface (API) is available from the ABR, and programming guidance is on the ABN Lookup website.
Last updated: 20 Feb 2018
Page ID: 42445