The Australian Business Register Program
Government recognises that the reporting burden on business is significant. The Australian Business Register (ABR) Program is responsible for digital or online technology that will streamline government reporting and reduce the cost of compliance for business.
The ABR Program combines three services that can be used individually or collectively to provide a complete digital solution:
- Australian business number - a national identifier for business
- AUSkey - a single and secure log in
- Standard Business Reporting - a standard reporting technology
To find out more about the ABR Program you can read the 2016-17 Performance Report of the Australian Business Register in the ATO annual report.
Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
SBR reduces the regulatory reporting burden for business, by delivering a standard approach to online or digital record-keeping.
SBR works collaboratively with all levels of government, Digital service providers, Business and Intermediaries to support a consistent user experience across government digital services.
Government agencies participating in the SBR program include:
- the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA)
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- the eight State and Territory Revenue offices (STROs).
For a list of agency reports available in SBR format, click here.
Last updated: 28 Feb 2018
Page ID: 9023